Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A HOBBY TURNED INTO A BUSINESS ECOBLING COUTURE

A HOBBY TURNED INTO A BUSINESS ECOBLING COUTURE
““Reuse reclaim recycled the possibilities are endless”







Lika Ann Schindler is 37 years old, and the designer/founder of EcoBling Couture. She lives in Seattle, and started EcoBling Couture on September. 22,2009. Lika was a fraud investigator for 15 years, but always dreamed of studying fashion. Especially since she has a handbag and shoe obsession. (Don't we all!!) Jokingly she told me, “but having my own business keeps me from shopping!”

I asked Lika what the creative concept behind Ecobling Couture was and she said, “I buy broken jewelry in BIG boxes (40lbs) I never know what is going to be in it so its great! . Once I get it I have to untangle everything, clean it, cut it, file it, and then redesign it.”

Check out EcoBling Couture at www.mellinacompany.com


No comments: